Tuesday 16 November 2010

Self doubt with the recipes!!!!

I suddenly had a very horrible feeling last night that my recipes don't actually work if someone else was to read them! I just write the way I cook but it dawned on me that I might not make sense to anyone else! Hmmm....so i thought the best way to test this was to give my good friend Archie a recipe - Archie, I hope he doesn't mind me saying is a typical boy cook, he makes a cracking spag bowl or bangers and mash and has his secret weapon in his mothers rib marinade - which, i have to give him credit for, is delicious - but he rarely steers from his comfort zone! So if he can do it from scratch just by following the recipe, then i think that is research enough to comfort me!!


Archies test drive of Prawn and Tomato Linguine

400g King Prawns (uncooked)
4 spring onions chopped (with scissors if feeling lazy)
1 red pepper finely sliced
300g of sweet cherry tomatoes
Half a bunch of Coriander finely chopped (save some leaves for a garnish!)
2 handfuls of cashew nuts
half a red chili, deseeded and finely chopped
1 lime ( get some zest and some juice!)
Half a glass of white wine
A big Knob of Butter

Pop the pasta into a big pan of boiling water, it should take about 10 mins. Place the King Prawns and Spring Onions in a little olive oil and cook on a medium heat for 3 mins - as the prawns are turning pink add the red peppers, cherry tomatoes and half the chopped coriander. Cook for about 3-4 mins. Add the cashew nuts, chili and lime zest - cook for 2 mins and take off the heat. The pasta is probably ready to drain now! Add the Prawn mixture to the pasta pan, stir in and leave in the pan. With the pan that you cooked the prawn mixture in place it back on a high heat and add the rest of the coriander, lime juice, wine and butter and cook for about 3 mins. Pour this over the pasta and prawns! Serve in big bowls with the coriander garnish!

No comments:

Post a Comment