Monday 15 November 2010

Food for Him and Her!!

There is one thing in life that I find incredibly frustrating and that is my complete inability to leave any food on a plate, whether I am presented with a 20oz steak or a mountain of pasta, I can guarantee that I will squeeze every last morsel into my mouth and my ever expanding tummy!!

What I tend to do is serve my boyfriend (who like all men has the annoyingly faster food burning gene) the same amount as me. Even if I do decide to put less on my plate, you can be sure to find me in the kitchen with my spoon in the pan clearing up the left overs! Is it just love for food? or Is it greed? probably the latter! Either way I have to find a way to change the way I eat so tonight I am going to cook a meal for him and a meal for me and see if i can resist begging him to share!!

Keep it cheap by buying the same ingredients!

For Him                                                                         For Her
Chicken Pasta Bake                                                        Chicken and Potato Soup
1 Chicken Breast Chopped into thin slices                       1 Chicken Breast Chopped into thin slices
1 leek chopped                                                               1 leek chopped
4 New Potatoes cut into cm pieces                                  2 New Potatoes cut into cm pieces
1/4 pint Chicken Stock                                                    1/2 pint Chicken Stock
Twirly Pasta                                                                    1 Carrot chopped
Broccoli                                                                          Broccoli
Cherry Toms                                                                   Sweetcorn
Sweetcorn                                                                       If you're peckish have some thinly sliced ciabatta
Grated Cheddar

                                              


Fir him, In a pan fry of the chicken and leek for 3-4 mins until golden. Add the new potatoes and chicken stock and leave to cook on a medium heat for 10 mins. Put about 100g pasta into boiling water and leave to cook for 10-12 mins. Meanwhile pan fry your chicken and leek until golden and add your potatoes, carrot and chicken stock and again leave to cook on a medium heat for 10 mins.  Add the broccoli and sweet corn to your mix, season and leave to simmer for a further 5 mins. To his add the Broccoli, cherry toms and sweet corn and only cook for another 2 mins. Add the mixture to the drained pasta, place in a small heatproof dish and cover with the cheese. Place under the grill for 3 mins.

I will try this tonight and if I can do it anyone can!!

No comments:

Post a Comment