Monday 25 July 2011

How it all started...

People often ask me why and how I started my catering company and as much as I would like to say 'one day when the sun was shining through the soft grey London clouds, I realised that...etc etc,' sadly it was not a romantic moment of truth but rather a stoke of luck!  I had been doing little events here and there since university but it was always for a bit of extra cash on the side. I worked for an Architects company for a year, which was kind of fun but being stuck behind a desk felt uncomfortable to say the least. Then I worked at a concierge company doing international property, jetting around the world to find stuffy, boring and often pervy business men talking about property developments that would probably never see the light of day (too harsh words I know, but true nonetheless, this was 2008 after all!).

So after two years i moved to my next job, the perfect property development company who were working on what can only be described as 'the most beautiful building in London', 78 stunning apartments overlooking Hyde Park, and this is where, unbeknown to me, my luck began. I was training to be a development manager, and started my job during the completion of the first show apartment. I went to one of the launch events and was less than impressed with the bland, sad looking canapes so I turned to my boss and said, admittedly a few champagnes down, 'this food is terrible, I can do it better, can I do the next launch event?' he replied, 'of course, its for 250 guests, are you okay with that?' 'Of course, (said almost choking on my beige canape) no problem.'

And that was that, I did the event, loved every minute of it, managed to pass myself of as a professional caterer and I suppose the rest is history. I continue to do all of the catering for the development and here are some of my latest event photos!





No comments:

Post a Comment