Monday 22 November 2010

I never know what to cook on a Monday!!!

Monday's to me are always a bit strange, I feel tired and chubby from all the food I ate during the weekend and have an urge to eat something healthy, but I also need something that will make me smile and cheer me up - basically something that will get me ready to take on the week!

So... I reckon my favorite Monday dish has to be fish pie - and its quick and easy!!

Fish Pie!

2 Cod fillets
2 Smoked Haddock Fillets
100g cooked prawns
2 Leeks
2 Carrots, sliced
1 tsp Tarragon
300g Cherry tomatoes
1/4 pint veg stock
150g Creme Fraiche
Petit Pois

Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees. Pop the potatoes in boiling water and cook until soft, then mash. In a deep pan, fry the cod and haddock in a little olive oil for about 3mins on each side. Add the leeks, carrots, veg stock and tarragon and cook for a further 7 mins on a low heat. Add the prawns, cherry toms and creme fraiche, then season and simmer for a further 3 mins. Transfer to an oven dish and cover the mixture with the mash potatoes, season and drizzle with a little olive oil. Pop in the over for about 15 mins. Serve with the peas!

Fish Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment