Friday 3 June 2011

Cheesus that is good Cheese!

I discovered good cheese in my late teens and spent a good few years trying to convince my mum to get involved with my cheese obsession but until about two months ago she had refused. Now she emails me her cheese diary which includes the exotic and the simple, the bold and the fruity. From Black Bomber Cheddar (my personal favorite) to Stichelton (proper Stilton) and Taleggio. My point being, dont leave it til your late forties to indulge in cheese, get on with it!

The best thing about cheese is that its independent, its comfortable in its own skin but its also loves a bit of company - mainly in the form of a thin biscuit with some pickle or chutney, or my new cheese accompaniment crush...Honey. I am also very partial to Quince Jelly. The whole sweet thing with cheese is not helping my waistline!

Summer is now very much upon us and I have shed a tear about the fact that it doesn't seem right to hide away inside drinking red wine and gorging on Manchego and honey, so to overcome my woes I have composed a list of summer cheese classics from salads to canapes, there will be cheese! 

Gorgonzola, Pear and Rocket Crostini


Manchego and Chorizo with Quince Paste on Toast


Simple Tomato, Goats Cheese and Pesto Salad


Black Pudding with Feta Salad


Halloumi Skewers



Homemade Herb Chicken burger with Black Bomber Cheddar 




No comments:

Post a Comment