Friday 5 November 2010

Friday Feeling Food

I always feel the same on a Friday morning - tired from a wine fuelled Thursday night and in need of carb heavy tasty food. So I thought I would write, probably my favorite dish of all time, here to give you something to look forward to should you choose to cook it this evening!

You will need:

Chicken Chopped into little pieces(I much prefer Thighs - so much tastier - you can get it boneless from the butcher too! Or just use breast!)
1 White onion chopped
1 Red Pepper Finely chopped
1 Tbsp Flour
1/2 Pint Chicken Stock ( I know its naughty but the best chicken stock in my eyes, if you haven't got time to make it yourself that is, is Oxo!! I would add two cubes to half a pint of stock to give it that extra chickeny flavour!!)
Mange Tout chopped in half
Peas
Sweetcorn
New Potatoes roughly chopped into tiny little 1cm squares
1 Egg per person

So....Fry the Chicken in olive oil for about 5 minutes until sealed. Add the chopped onion and chopped red pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes until the onion is soft. Season! Add the Tbsp of flour and stir for 2 mins. Gradually add the chicken stock but continue to stir until the sauce is smooth, should take about 3-4 mins. Add the Mange Tout, Peas and Sweetcorn, bring to the boil and then turn the heat to very low and leave to simmer for 10min.

In a frying pan put a tbsp of olive oil and add the potatoes. Cook for 15 mins until soft and crunchy. (I tend to add some steak seasoning to them to give them a bit of a kick - or you could add paprika, mixed herbs etc - basically anything tasty in your cupboard!)

All you need to do now is poach the egg, I like mine runny so i poach it for about 2 mins!

Place the Chicken on top of the potatoes and the egg on top of the chicken!
Garnish with Chives if you want it to look prettier!

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment